Are you well organised? Have you got good written and word processing skills? Would you like to make a difference? If the answer is yes, please read on!
Concerts for Craswall is an independent charity offering live chamber music and choral concerts in south west Herefordshire. The charity is managed by a Board of Trustees who each bring a wealth of experience in a variety of forms across the business, charity and music sectors. Trustees meet three times a year as a full Board, but the opportunity also exists for the successful person to participate in additional activities such as the organisation of concerts, running of concert events or fund raising.
We have recently launched an open “recruitment campaign” for new members to join our organisation and we’re looking for a volunteer minutes secretary to support our board of trustees.
Duties and The Person
Duties include arranging and taking minutes of trustee board meetings; dealing with correspondence and ensuring board papers are distributed in good time; and liaising with trustees and other volunteers as required.
To fulfil the role, you will
- require access to a PC and a phone.
- be motivated and able to dedicate time to the position.
- have minute-taking experience.
- be confident using basic IT systems (email, word processing and spreadsheets).
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- have good time-keeping ability.
- be able to act impartially, with fairness and respect others’ confidences.
- be approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
- possess an eye for detail, being well organised.
An average minimum commitment of one day a month including attending Board meetings.
Appointments are for three years, in the first instance.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the role description and why you are interested in the role as well as an up to date curriculum vitae via the form below.
Alternatively, to speak to someone informally about the opportunity, please ring the Concerts for Craswall Coordinator Julie Holmes on 01981 510112 or the Chair Anthony Furness on 07773 889117.
Closing Date: Friday 7th February 2020
Download Role Description