Concerts for Craswall is a small local charity, with a few simple objects:
- to promote live chamber and choral concerts for exclusively charitable purposes.
- to support the community of Craswall in maintaining and enhancing the culture and heritage of the parish
- and to advance, improve or develop younger people’s appreciation and education in music.
We are currently seeking new trustees and enquiries from volunteers; capable and motivated people with experience in the following areas: finance/bookkeeping, administration, income generation, marketing, classical music and governance.
Currently we require someone with experience of business or charity finance as a volunteer Treasurer for the charity. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with relevant experience to oversee the financial requirements of the charity, preferably with a recognised financial qualification.
We value diversity of perspective and lived experience and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and fields, and invite applications both from those who have previous direct experience of Board level governance and those who do not.
The role is unpaid, but immensely rewarding in terms of the positive impact of our work on the local community here in south west Herefordshire.
Duties and The Person
The Treasurer will contribute to the overall success of Concerts for Craswall by effectively supporting the implementation of financial policies and activities for the Charity. The post holder will assist the Chair, CforC Coordinator, CforC Membership Secretary and general trustees on financial reporting, management reporting and growth matters as required, and will be both Treasurer and a trustee.
To fulfil the role, you will ideally have
- Proven track record working with accounts and financial matters, preferably with a recognised professional qualification.
- Experience of committee work and procedures.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Well organised and an eye for detail.
- Confident IT skills.
- Good timekeeping with specific regard to financial matters.
- An ability to commit the necessary time and energy to the role.
- Some experience of working with external bodies and knowledge of a variety of funding opportunities.
An average minimum commitment of one day a month including attending Board meetings.
Appointments are for three years, in the first instance.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the role description and why you are interested in the role as well as an up to date curriculum vitae via the form below.
Alternatively, to speak to someone informally about the opportunity, please call the Concerts for Craswall Coordinator Julie Holmes on 01981 510112 or the Chair Anthony Furness on 07773 889117.
Closing Date: Friday 31st January 2020
Download Role Description